Our first year of marriage came with so many changes. Moving twice, I went back to school, and three days after our first anniversary our oldest daughter was born.
Yes life is full of change, and adversity. In 15 years we have been through many ups and downs. Some of the greatest lessons we’ve learned along the way are:
- Good communication is necessary for a healthy relationship.
- Vulnerability is key to intimacy.
- It’s important to laugh and have fun together.
- Marriage is not a business and shouldn’t be run as one.
- Take time away from the kids.
- It’s okay to argue as long as you are both safe.
- Know what your purpose for being married is.
- Having shared values is crucial to a shared life together.
- Love is built on trust and respect.
- Forgiveness is key.
Marriage is an adventure and a process. It is an opportunity for us to grow, change, and mature.
I love you honey!