- Life’s hard so work harder.
- Life’s tough so be tougher.
- Life’s not fare so get over it.
- Life’s short so make it count.
I feel that these rules are very relevant and true. Maybe my age is dictating my next statement. It seems to me that to younger people these are no longer truths.
Are parents trying to insulate their children to cold harsh reality of this world? If so, is it the right thing to do? I am a bad parent because my children know full well these truths?
It seems as though there are new rules being written such as:
- Life’s hard so just do enough to get by.
- Life’s tough so give up when it’s to tough.
- Life’s not fair and that’s not fair.
- Life’s life and I’m defeated no matter what so who cares.